25 February 2007

Wow Beta

"Being happy is something you have to learn. I often surprise myself by saying 'Wow, this is it. I guess I'm happy. I got a home I love. A career that I love. I'm even feeling more and more at peace with myself.' If there's something else to happiness, let me know. I'm ambitious for that, too." Harrison Ford

Wow is a reaction, and can be positive and negative.

When the touchpoint in terms of people, information, and deliverables delivers experience that exceeds expectations, the immediate reaction is "wow!", and it is a positive wow. Negative wow

A more powerful wow happens when negative is turned into positive.

When everything begins at zero, anything adding to the zero is a plus, since zero is the origin. However, when everything begins from negative, it is not just simple plus nor minus. If adding something to the negative gives a plus, it is going to be a big plus. Why? Because when something is negative, the chance of staying negative is high. People have less expectations to bounce back when everything is negative. If it really turns out to be positive, it is something beyond expectations! This is again the notion of "hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

The sequence of "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" should actually be reversed.

People feel upset when things are negative. What are negative things? Things that go against will. Why are things negative? Because of wrong attitude and perception. Nothing is negative if it is not seen negative. Expectations not met? So? How often are expectations met?

Everyone has a dream, but not everyone has the dream come true. After all, a dream is a dream... it is not even a hope.

Everyone can deliver wow to others by UPOD - underpromise and overdeliver.

WOW is also an acronym for "Words Of Wisdom." WOW gives wow, as WOW provides insights and is always inspiring. When people are inspired, negative can be turned into positive.

No comments: